Sunday 5 February 2012

'Traddy punk' group The Mahones to play Ottawa, 17 Feb 2012

This gig will more than likely appeal more to the younger crowd in Ottawa. I gather from my Twitter feed that Canadian Celtic-Punk sensation The Mahones are playing on Friday 17 Feb at Mavericks Bar on Rideau St., although the gig does not appear yet on their event listing, it does appear on the Mahones Tour Schedule.  Digging into their tour listing, the band certainly gets around the world and obviously have a huge following. I myself haven't owned any of their music, and I always have a hard time listening to most 'Celtic-punk' bands that aren't The Pogues. But that's just ME. I should probably go through their back catalog and give them a solid chance. Only fair huh?  Anyways, if you want a rollicking jolly time rocking out to Irish influenced punk rock, Mavericks will be THE place to be on 17 Feb.

No comments: