Thursday, 7 February 2013
Ar n-Oran Choir - in need of new members!
Comunn Gàidhlig Ottawa's internationally acclaimed Ar n-Òran Gaelic choir is issuing a call for new members immediately.
Ar n-Òran is a dynamic choir that sings traditional and contemporary tunes in Scottish Gaelic. In other words we like to embrace the past, put our own spin on tunes, as well as performing popular and original tunes.
* Practice every Wednesday evening in Bells Corners (West end of Ottawa, Ontario)
* NO previous knowledge of Gaelic is required. Pronounciation and tutoring will be provided.
* Previous choir experience is an asset but most important is a love of expressing yourself through group and possibly solo singing.
* Willingness to participate at fund-raising events to help support choir activities/travel
* Music/Lyrics/Pronounciation will be provided
* available to perform at six key events throughout the year, notably:
National Tartan Day on Parliament Hill (Sunday, April 7th, Ottawa ON),
An Ceol Earraidh (May, Ottawa, ON),
Mòd Chanada (June 7-9 Ottawa, ON),
Irish Oireachtas (28-30 June, Tamworth, ON),
US National Mòd (Sept, Ligonier, Pennsylvania),
Scotland Tonight (November 16th, Ottawa, ON),
Royal National Mòd (10-18 October 2014, Inverness, Scotland)
We are looking for all section parts, with a particular requirement at least two:
For more information, call or email either:
Fiona McDonald email@example.com 613-422-2997
Randy Waugh firstname.lastname@example.org 613-286-1003